Please note that these contact channels and tools are for education provider use only, and should not be used by students or on their behalf.
Please refer students to MyStudyLink in the first instance, or get them to call our Contact Centre on 0800 88 99 00.
The Helping students section of this website also provides some useful information that may assist you with student queries.
SAKBase is a web-based tool that allows education providers to log questions or issues about specific students with the StudyLink Helpline.
Most issues logged through SAKBase are resolved in eight working hours.
Use SAKBase when you:
- want to advise that a student is not attending or meeting their course requirements
- want to advise that a student has returned and is now attending and meeting their course requirements
- have a VoS issue, or have sent a VoS response you need locked in place
- have a query about a student’s results of study or fee payment
- have a question about a student’s loan status that isn’t shown in your Status Report.
VoS Online is available 24 hours per day. New VoS responses are generally applied to the student's file within one to three hours.
Use VoS Online when you:
want to advise that a student has changed their enrolment (for example there has been a change in their course end date or a change in programme), has additional fees or has withdrawn from study.
Please note that this phone number is for education provider use only, and should not be used by students or on their behalf. The Helpline team is not able to answer calls from students.
You can call the Helpline team on 0508 885 885.
The Helpline is currently available Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm, and closed on New Zealand National Public Holidays.
Call us when you:
- have an immediate query that needs less than one working day to be answered
- have a complicated query that would benefit from a discussion.
Please note that this email address is for education provider use only, and should not be used by students or on their behalf. The Helpline team and email address is not able to respond to queries from students.
You can email the Helpline team at StudyLink_Helpline@msd.govt.nz.
Email queries are generally responded to within five working days.
Email us when you:
- have a general question that isn’t time-sensitive
- need to send an attachment or a screen shot (for example – when you have an error using the VoS Online website).